The holidays just aren't the holidays without cookies.
Over the past few months, I've really gotten into The British Baking Show ( please don't tell me I'm the only one) So, this year I wanted to find a gluten & dairy free recipe that I could use with my cookie press. I came across this recipe on Pinterest and was able to easily adapt it to a gluten and dairy free cookie. Using the cookie press- that didn't go very well.... like ended up breaking it, that's how not well it went. Thankfully, with these cookies, you can use a ice cream scoop, spoon out some dough, roll it and flatten it and it make a great traditional cookie!
- 2 sticks Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks
- 3 oz Kite Hill Plain Dairy Free Cream Cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend
- 1/4 tsp salt
- holiday sprinkles, colored sugars — optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, mix together butter and cream cheese. Add sugar and mix until incorporated. Add egg yolk and beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and beat to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine flour and salt. Add flour gradually to the butter mixture and beat until incorporated.
- This next step is where you can get creative!
- Use a cookie press and make traditional cookie spritz
- Scoop out dough using a ice cream scooper
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, until golden brown on the edges. ( I found the 15 minutes was the magic number. At 13 minutes they broke apart easily)
- Remove from the oven and let cookies cool before transferring to platter.
(Adapted from https://cookinglsl.com/easy-cream-cheese-spritz-cookies.../)